Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Now what do I do?

It has been months since I have written anything here - it was all wedding, wedding, wedding.  It has absolutely dominated my life for 8 months.  My daughter and I have had lists, modified lists, emailed lists, excel spreadsheets, modified and amended over and over and projects - OMG.  Pinterest became the bane of my existence.  My beautiful daughter spent hours looking at pinterest (have to admit that I did too) and kept coming up with countless projects to make her day perfect.  I made pillows to decorate the beach house benches, signs for the ceremony, the receptions and the back of their chairs, pillows for the ring bearers and slipcovers for all the vases that decorated the tables.  Here are some of the images:






I will have a better image of the table decor when I get some images from my daughter.  I had a little help with the lettering on the signs - an artist friend of mine noted that I was pulling my hair out over all that I had to do and did most of the lettering - I did the Mr. and Mrs. and a couple words on the other signs.  

The wedding colors were coral and navy and I will post some other pictures in future blogs.  In the mean time I am trying to focus my attention on getting back to my painting.  

Small works are on the agenda - one of the first ones I did *by accident", I had forgotten to bring a large canvas but had a 4 x 16 canvas with me.  After finishing the first one "plein air" I quickly did a second 6 x 6 which sold 2 weeks later.




You can see that the tide was coming in  - the smaller one was done second.  I find that once I have done a larger one and have thought about, planned out and painted it it is easier to do a second - all my paints are out and the colors have been determined.  

No comments:

Post a Comment