Sunday, November 16, 2014

Daily Paintworks

So, once again I am giving Daily Paintworks a shot at selling smaller pieces.  My concern is that there are so many artists that use this site, how does one get a following and make sales?  Also, in terms of still life paintings there are ga-zillions of them!  And they are great too!  Some of my thoughts about marketing on this web site are as follows:

.  low prices - this is an option but how can I justify dropping prices below what other customers have paid for other similar pieces?

.  auction - I am currently trying this venue - starting at a low price and waiting to see where it ends.

.  finding a niche - my beach paintings seem to get a great response - maybe as an artist I should just be doing this???

.  I have noticed that my 4 x 16" horizontal pieces don't show well - not sure how to correct this but they are killer paintings and have a great presence.

.  market the paintings for sale on facebook - haven't done this much but should try this.

Any other ideas out there???

No comments:

Post a Comment