Thursday, March 13, 2014

Getting into the Swing of Things Again

Well, I have done two paintings in the last two days.  The one I did today is the first in a number of flower paintings I intend to do for my upcoming show at the Coastal Discovery Museum, Hilton Head, SC and the other in Gates Mills, Ohio in May and June.  I hope I can assemble a lot of inventory for the shows as well as the gallery up north.  Inventory doesn't really sound like the appropriate word for assembling a large number of paintings but, it works.

This is my piece today - the pitcher was a tired silver pitcher I found in a thrift store and the peonies are silk but they have the feel of the real thing.


Oh, and I got some good news yesterday - I happened to call Chestnut Hill Home (a store that carries my work) and they had sold 5 of my paintings - yay.  With the wedding coming up I could use some extra cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment